This is the sixth in a series of posts about the individual speakers lined up for…
Eric is going to get you pumped up about NoSQL, and depoying to NodeSQL, CouchDB, Neo4j, Redis, and maybe another solution or two! So buckle your big data belts on, this is gonna get huge. From Eric,
NoSQL databases are fun, and we’ve all wired up a Node.js project to use one. But what about two?
What about *three*?
That’s what’s on the docket for this talk. We’ll do **all the things**:
– Walk through a (very) quick intro on CouchDB, Neo4j, and Redis.
– Then learn how to interact with these very different databases using Node.js.
– Then wire them up into a single web application (using Bricks.js, for good measure)
– Write it all in CoffeeScript… *buzzword overload!!!*
If you do not walk out of this talk excited and maybe a little confused, I will have failed.
Eric describes himself as, “I work at MongoHQ and has spent the last 17 years writing a book on databases (seemingly). I also just might be the world’s most over-educated and under-qualified marketing directors.” <- His words, I’d never say such a thing about him.
- Company: http://mongohq.com
- Github: http://github.com/coderoshi
- Twitter: @coderoshi
- Book: http://sevenweeks.org
If you’d just like to come and check out Eric’s Presentation and the other kick ass presentations lined up, get involved in some coding, hear what Node.js is all about, or just hang out please RSVP and get the event on your calendar!
If you’d like to be among the presenters, submit a proposal, and you too can step up into the coder spotlight.